Chinese Buffet: All You Kan Eat

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Goin' to Have a Baby!!!!!!!!!!

I just got a good laugh, because I know all of you immediately thought that I was referring to Andy and I. Admit it. This exciting news is actually for a young couple at church that we have been getting to know. We are so happy for them. It is a little weird at the same time, because this is the first couple my age that I've really known to experience this blessing. What larks!

Andy and I have been busy with various things. Andy had fall break last week, so that was enjoyable and relaxing for him. I was able to spend a day with him, and we hit local shops and diners. We also got to see a production of "To Kill a Mockingbird" performed by the Montana Repertory. It was beautiful! I cried four times. Andy loved it too, because he had never read the book.

Work at Ellis has grown more interesting every day. As far as customers go...I had one lady who was handing me her purchases when one of her artificial purple nails fell off. She freaked. She said she was not leaving the store until she found it. She had to glue it back on, of course. I did my best. Meaning, I controlled my tendency toward "horrification" and looked about in great earnestness. I could, at the very least, spot it. I was not about to pick it up and hand it her. I mean, it's not like she lost a contact and needed it to see to drive home. Thankfully, *huge sigh of relief* she found it and pocketed it. *Cue for curtain to close*

As far as employees go...I have enjoyed getting to know everyone a little more. My favorite is when I'm decorating a display, and they all walk by and give their different opinions:

"I think you should take that arrangement off. The yellow's too bright."
"You're right," I say.

*Set arrangement to the side; cue for next employee to enter*

"OH, this arrangement would go perfectly right here. The bright colors attract the eye."
"You're right," I say.

*Set arrangement on display*

I feel like Aurora in Sleeping Beauty when Flora and Meriwether keep fighting about the color of her dress. "Blue." "Pink." "No, Blue." While poor Aurora is dancing, her dress becomes a blur between pink and blue. But anyways...I have so much fun, and get such a good laugh, that I can't complain. I'm so thankful God has provided this fun job!

I'm trying to think of any other news...(the reason there is such a gap in time between my posts is because I have to wait for enough stories to accumulate...) Andy and I got a bird feeder. That's pretty interesting. I was walking by some of the other married houses and noticed that over half of them had hummingbird feeders. But none had feeders for the other hundreds of bird varieties. I figured if Andy and I got one, our little porch would be just swarming with flighty creatures. And it is...among other repercussions of such visitors. But we have fun watching them while we eat.

Well, I might as well throw in a good book review as well. I just finished listening to "The Thief Lord" on audio, by Cornelia Funke (the same lady who wrote the "Inkheart" series). It was an adorable story, full of adventure and a surprising twist of magic. I was entertained the entire time. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who, like me, still enjoys reading children's books.

I guess that's all for now! If you think of it, pray for Andy and I as he starts sending in applications and going to job fairs. We want to know where the Lord is leading us, whether it's back home, or on to some new adventure! But then again, every day is an adventure according to Bilbo: "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
posted by M. J. at 8:57 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home