Chinese Buffet: All You Kan Eat

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thinking ahead...

So, around this time of year, I always get Christmas fever. Bad, I know, since the season of Thanksgiving is not even past. My excuse this year is that I work at a store that has been half merchandised with Christmas since August. But really, I just love the holiday season. I admit I'm already listening to Christmas music.

In order to get us prepped for the season, Andy and I went out today and bought our Christmas decorations. Our reasoning being that we don't want all the good stuff to sell out. In all seriousness, Ellis is going to have a huge Christmas Open House this weekend. I can't wait to watch all the customers who get free cookies, tote bags, and the chance to win a $50 gift card every hour. They'll just go crazy. And crazy customers means all the stuff will be flying off the shelves.

Anyways...Andy and I got a little four foot smokey mountain looking pine tree. Almost a Charlie Brown, but we'll have a little more to spruce it up. We'll be sure and post pictures (not till closer to Christmas though, of course).

But like I said...we still have Thanksgiving to celebrate. Andy and I are going to invite guys from his floor, just because all they may get a chance to eat is cafeteria food. Now I've never attempted a meal of such magnitude or expectation, but I am praying that I can at least do better than SAGA. However, please know that I will keep you updated on any disasters in the kitchen : ). Regardless of the food, we feel so blessed down here in Texas! God has given us so much, and we are still in awe that we are so incandescently happy in marriage. We want others to praise God with us.

We certainly felt blessed last week having the Lehmanns visit--all the way from home! I enjoyed spending Thursday with Mrs. Lehmann while the guys talked loftily in Engineerish with a professor. We had them over for dessert in the evening, and it was so fun to talk about the apartments. As Andy and I had guessed...nothing has really changed on the inside. Only the addition of carpet. They had fun reminiscing of their married time here. Andrew was beginning to wonder if this whole trip was really about him visiting the college : ). The next day they took us out to eat (real Mexican food!) and to drive around the town a little. What a blast!

As far as other big events...I finally got to visit the elusive Senior Design Lab that Andy is always disappearing to. When I walked in, all I could hear was my parent's voices, saying "Don't touch anything! It was that daunting. But, believe it or not, they had a couch! So I cuddled up and read while Andy tinkered on something. He even showed me some stuff and I was able to help a little--using my English skills, no less. I edited some codes to make sure he had typed them right...or something like that.

After that, we walked home and saw an old computer monitor on the ground outside the dumpster. "Huh, never thought about picking one of those things off the street before." We took it inside and tore it apart. It was so much fun--for me, because I tried to think of all the crafts I could make with those crazy green chips that look like little metropolises (let me know if you have any cool ideas...I'm thinking a green chip lampshade would look pretty cool). For Andy, because he was trying to figure out how everything worked. Needless to say, we got a little carried away.

WELL (gasp) I think I've written most of the interesting stuff that's happened lately. We've been so busy, it really has been a while since I posted. But hopefully this didn't feel dreadfully long. Until next time...
posted by M. J. at 9:38 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home