Chinese Buffet: All You Kan Eat
Monday, December 7, 2009
Recent Surprises...
As of late, there have been a few surprises here. The first was none other than a snow shower! That's right folks: flakes fell continually for three hours. Nothing stuck, but schools were cancelled : ).
Also...on the way back from the Honors Annual Christmas Party, Andy, Lincoln, and I spotted a pick-up limousine. Only in Texas...and I must agree that it was, as Lincoln put it, "deplorable."
And speaking of the Honors Christmas Party, we played White Elephant. Andy won, of all things, an alarm clock. It think it's about three years too late :). I won a book called "Fine Waters: A Connoisseurs Guide to Bottled Water." What a joke! Who would write a book just on bottled water? (shout out to Jill! I think it will have to be your X-Mas present)
And you remember that garland I assembled? Well I found out today that my work's live Christmas trees come from none other than the Blue Ridge Mountains! I couldn't believe it! They pay for trees to be shipped all the way from VA! My garland (and all the work I put into it) suddenly seemed glorious, and well worth the effort. Now I only have to figure out a way to sneak into that returning semi-truck...
Also...on the way back from the Honors Annual Christmas Party, Andy, Lincoln, and I spotted a pick-up limousine. Only in Texas...and I must agree that it was, as Lincoln put it, "deplorable."
And speaking of the Honors Christmas Party, we played White Elephant. Andy won, of all things, an alarm clock. It think it's about three years too late :). I won a book called "Fine Waters: A Connoisseurs Guide to Bottled Water." What a joke! Who would write a book just on bottled water? (shout out to Jill! I think it will have to be your X-Mas present)
And you remember that garland I assembled? Well I found out today that my work's live Christmas trees come from none other than the Blue Ridge Mountains! I couldn't believe it! They pay for trees to be shipped all the way from VA! My garland (and all the work I put into it) suddenly seemed glorious, and well worth the effort. Now I only have to figure out a way to sneak into that returning semi-truck...
posted by M. J. at 6:45 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home